Vegan - Vegetarian - Gluten Free - Dairy Free - Paleo - Oil Free - No Added Sugar - No Added Salt
Creamy. Pineapple-y. Coconut-y. Sounds familar right? It sounds like a Pina Colada! For those of you who might not know, a Pina Colada is a popular cocktail which contains white rum, pineapple juice and coconut milk. The flavour combination is a match made in tropical heaven. But now you can achieve that same flavour, but without the need of an alcoholis beverage. Just make my Pina Colada breakfast parfait and you'll be well on your way to tropical bliss. Plus, your body will really thank you for it.
Pineapple is known for it's detoxifying abilities. Natural soy yoghurt (or you can use any dairy or non-dairy yoghurt of your choice) provides us with the protein that we need to feed our muscles. And desicated coconut provides us with essential healthy fats.
You need to use fresh pineapple here, as tinned or defrosted frozen pineapple just won't cut it. You can also add a quarter cup of toasted rolled oats (or toasted gluten free rolled oats) to this parfait, to make it more filling ,if you'd prefer.
Pina Colada Parfait
1/4 of a fresh pineapple peeled and chopped
1/2 cup natural soy yoghurt (or yoghurt of choice)
2 teaspoons unsweetened desicated coconut
- Peel and chop quarter of a fresh pineapple into bit sied chunks.
- Measure out half cup of natural soy yoghurt.
- Measure out two teaspoons of unsweetened desicated coconut (as this is one serving) and toast the coconut on a dry pan over a medium heat until slightly browned and fragrant (be careful to keep a close eye on it as it can burn quickly if your not vigilant).
- Choose a serving glass and then start to layer your ingredients.
- Start with half the pineapple chunks in the bottom of the glass, then add half the soy yoghurt, then sprinkle half of the toasted coconut on top.
- Repeat the last step and your Pina Colada parfait will be complete.